simply click here to claim your deal and get access to all exclusive Business Insider PRIME content.
- After 20 years, Microsoft has decided that major scientific research organization CERN doesn’t qualify for its academic institution discounts on its products and services.
- When CERN’s new contract began in March, Microsoft was charging it 10-times more than before to use its products.
- CERN has decided that Microsoft isn’t worth it and has publicly launched a project called Microsoft Alternatives project, or (MAlt).
- MALt will remove all Microsoft software and replace it with alternatives, often using open source, CERN IT pros say.
- It will also help other ac