- US President Donald Trump has ordered an investigation into French plans to tax tech firms hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Trump is worried that France’s new digital-services tax, which would place a 3% levy on the French revenue of firms like Amazon, unfairly targets US companies.
- The US could retaliate against the tax, which might spark a new trade war with France. The French finance minister said differences should be resolved “through means other than threats.”
- Trump’s move marks something of a change in tone for the president, who has spent weeks attacking America’s biggest tech firms.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
US President Donald Trump has ordered an inve